It starts with exam. Everything is determined by exams and also oral tests. Well, I'm not an expert in finding out which subjects taken in Form 4 and Form 5 which can lead to a better career in life. All I know is you take the subjects in your particular stream, pass the exam (SPM) and then find a good college and then university. I'm in fact have not found a college to start off my pre-U since it's still January. My sister was asking what kind of jobs we can do in the future if we only take Biology and Chemistry as the science subjects and I was honestly clueless at first. After googling some infos, I managed to find this,


Career Prospects 
Graduates of Diploma in Science majoring in Chemistry and Biology may be employed as quality controllers, technical assistants and laboratory supervisors in manufacturing industries or medical establishments. Job vacancies are also available for them to be employed as sales executives in commercial companies.

Well it's from this site actually >>> http://www.tarc.edu.my/sas/programmes/sasdcb.htm.
This can be considered as not thorough research :P 

Anyway, we all want to achieve something in life whether to become a successful businessman or a scientist. It just that we need to push ourselves to overcome hardships in life even if we have to pass exams just to reach our dream career. It doesn't mean we are only offered that particular subject like (Chemistry and Biology) we will not find any promising careers in life. Sometimes, we can spare some $$ (if willing) to obtain diploma or foundation to secure a career in the future. Well, sadly students who only took Chemistry and Biology for their SPM will not be able to further their study to become Doctor, Pharmacist, and Dentist because I believe they will have to take Physics and Add Maths probably for their SPM (Just my thoughts and some googling) As I had mentioned before, I'm not a school counselor and neither belong to any professional body to give advice on careers if we are to take only Biology and Chemistry (for elective) during SPM.

All I can say is, God has plans for us. Just do well in our studies and pass the exams. That is one of the most important thing to do first then we can look for many options which are related to our subjects taken in SPM in order to further our studies and mastering everything needed for our careers. 

Here are some guides on careers for the SPM candidates and for those in form 4 :





Hweeee ~~~ Well just sharing my thoughts. :P 

~~~~~~ Kris